I know this is essentially a Marine-oriented website, but that doesn't mean I can't thank the other services when the occasion arises. One such occasion is the U.S. Army Band "Pershing's Own" recent Holiday Festival show.

I am giving you a direct feed to Part 8 because my cousin Leigh Ann Hinton is the soloist singing Let There Be Peace on Earth. Her parents, Floyd and Kay Haber sent me the link and I promised we'd all watch it together today. Get set for some world class music.



Also, if you go to this link http://www.dvidshub.net/?script=video/video_show.php&id=74998 you can see the entire concert by selecting from the menu on the right side of the page. If you select US Army Band Holiday Festival under the Video Tags menu it will give you access to all segments of the concert. I am proud to showcase not just my cousin's stunning vocals(on Part 2 she is singing O Holy Night at about 5:50 into it) but the wonderful music of all her colleagues in the U.S. Army Band. This is a phenomenal concert, and I urge you to watch it while it is still up on the net.

The rest of my weekend will be spent away, as we visit relatives for Christmas Dinner later today, and then spend some time enjoying the long Christmas weekend with a loving family and friends we haven't seen for a while. Merry Christmas to everyone who reads this column and let's work together to bring some real Peace to this world.